Monday, September 12, 2005

Helper Muffler Man; Black as Coal

I went way outta my way to score this guy. I busted my ass driving as fast as I could, dodging cows, mule deer, snakes and coyotes down twisty little two lane roads to get to the Civic Auditorium in Helper, Utah. The good folks from this region keep the rest of us energized by mining a lot of coal, and the townfolk take great civic pride in their giant coal miner named "Big John." Painted shiny black from head to toe and heaving a great pick-axe, he's definitely one of the more "unique" of the breed. Try to visit later in the day for better sun positioning in your photo, since he faces westward.
Picture: splatt sits astride the "Fisher-Price Deathmobile."
Location: Helper Civic Auditorium and Public Library 19 South Main Street, Helper, UT 84526 (435) 472-8463
Map It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home